35 Świdnicka St., 50 - 066 Wrocław
the building meets the requirements of disabled people
Internationally known architect Carl F. Langhans provided a design according to which the classicistic building of Wrocław Opera-House was constructed in 1841. The theatre was destroyed by fire in 1865. It was reconstructed within two years, and then in 1945 successfully withstood the siege of the city.
This wonderful, oldest opera house in Poland has survived 160 years without any change in its shape. This year the building has been opened to public after 8 years of renovation and modernisation without any change in its historical external shape and interior decoration. Wrocław Opera-House has recently celebrated the after-renovation opening ceremony and the 60th anniversary of the Polish Opera Scene in Wrocław presenting the premiere of "Halka" by Stanisław Moniuszko directed by Laco Adamik.
For more information, visit the website: www.opera.wroclaw.pl
Foto: Marek Grotowski